Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obamania! A most historic day for the USA...

Ok, so you all know who I voted for, but since he didn't win, I will pray for our new President and pray God shows His mercy on our country. I can get on my soapbox about all of the prayers that were said today about, 'God bless our country and this and that...' but I'm thinking, 'really you think God really wants or should bless our country when the elected party wants Him 'out' of the decision making processes and for 'all Gods' to be embraced and accepted. I did buy a USA Today for the scrapbook and generations to come. And I did stay at home this morning and intentionally did not run errands or go jog so I wouldn't miss history being made...but then realized and remembered, we do have a DVR. :)
I did appreciate the fact that Fox News reported from the ball with the military men and women and gave some of their opinions about Bush leaving and Barack arriving. I thought it was a tribute to Bush and his pure motives to safeguard our country with our men and women going across seas to Iraq. One service man's comment to Obama "Please let us stay over there and finish the job we were sent to do." Wish I were in Crawford again tonight, I'd try to go party with "W" and Laura! Can you imagine what they must be feeling after 8 years in the White House...and how they will sleep and wake up tomorrow morning? Wow--to be a fly on the wall huh?
Ok on a MUCH lighter note, let's talk fashion girls!
My thoughts on the First Lady's outfits on Inauguration Day. The day outfit? [I liked the gold, layered look, it was very cold in DC today so that was necessary...but green, plain shoes? Sic 'Em Bears?] The night outfit? [ummm...didn't like it...not gonna lie. I was confused on what the random poof balls all over her dress were about. It should have been viewed from the mirror first, it was not so flattering from the side view.] And last but not least, I really wish she would have worn her hair up for the evening festivities. She needed to refresh from the day and look a little different. Oh well, what do I know...just an opinion on the unimportant things in life.

What did you think of today's fashion from the First Lady?

2 comments:

  1. Didn't watch any of it. Don't even care what she wears. Gucci or potato sacks, it won't matter on policy.

    But I did see a very interesting picture of Miss Aretha's hat this morning? What was that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I thought the dress was pretty bad. Especially after the news kept talking about how she would change fashion! I haven't seen anything extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete